Saturday, March 06, 2010

I was there for you.




What would you do if you found one of these monkeys in your living room? Had you not brought your young monkey to me, that’s where these monkeys would be. In your living room.

This week alone, there have been three applications for places at ARFA Canaote. One of them will arrive today and more next week. But this cannot carry on without your help. I have repeatedly mentioning on this blog that we have no regular source of funds. We rely almost entirely on my small pension to pay for the children’s food and the staffing needed to clean and maintain the enclosures every day. We all know what has happened to the price of food. Wages were given an upward push this week by the government declaring yet another increase in wages, paid for by you and me.
You may have noticed that the posting on Monito and Lucio was both late and short. I was so saddened by those of you who promised a regular monthly donation, that I just did not feel like writing. Of the former owners of the Aruguato or Howler monkeys, NOT ONE of you made a contribution. I have seriously considered returning some of the monkeys to make way for those who are prepared to help. Does that shock you? Believe me it shocks me. But where do I go from here?
Let me be direct. A donation of say 200.00 Bf. per month would be affordable by many of you. This would make a tremendous difference. I was there for you when you needed me. Be there for me now I need you.

Account Banco Mercantile
Philip Cordrey. C.I 82216531
Account number: 0105 0101 67 1101031700
If you deposit please e-mail me. The bank does not indicate the donor.


Sábado, 06 de marzo 2010

Yo estaba allí para ti.



¿Qué haría usted si se encuentra uno de estos enormes monos en su sala de estar? De no haberlo traído a mi de joven. Así estarían ellos ahora, en su sala de estar.

Sólo en esta semana, ha habido tres solicitudes de plazas en ARFA Cañaote. Uno de ellos llegará hoy y otro más la próxima semana. Pero esto no puede seguir adelante sin su ayuda. En repetidas ocasiones he citan en este blog que no tenemos ninguna fuente regular de fondos. Contamos casi totalmente con mi pequeña pensión para pagar los alimentos de los niños y el personal necesario para limpiar y mantener los recintos de cada día. Todos sabemos lo que ha sucedido con los precios de los alimentos. Los salarios han aumentado de nuevo esta semana por el gobierno, pagados por usted y por mí.
Usted puede haber notado que el anuncio de Moñito y Lucio era tardío y corto. Estaba tan triste por aquellos de ustedes que prometieron una donación mensual, que yo no tenía ganas de escribir. De los antiguos propietarios de los Araguatos o monos aulladores, ninguno de ustedes hizo una contribución. He considerado seriamente devolver algunos de los monos para dar paso a los que están dispuestos a ayudar. ¿Esta usted en shocks? Créame que me choca. Pero, ¿dónde puedo ir desde aquí?
Permítanme ser directo. Una donación por decir 200,00 Bsf. al mes sería asequible para muchos de ustedes. Esto haría una gran diferencia. Yo estaba allí para ustedes cuando me necesitaron, ahora ustedes tienen que ayudarme a mí y a los monos.

Cuenta del Banco Mercantil
Philip Cordrey. C.I 82216531
Número de cuenta: 0105 0101 67 1101031700
Si usted deposita por favor envíeme un correo electrónico. El banco no indica el donante.