Sunday, June 27, 2010

No room at the Inn?


As the months go by, the pressure on me to accept more monkeys seems to be increasing. This month I was asked to accept two beautiful capuchin monkeys. I told the enquirer that although I had the love and the space, I did not have either the cages or the money to accept more. The capuchin owner immediately volunteered to pay for the construction of a new large enclosure. The money arrived and the materials have been bought and are on site. This Monday a skilled welder will begin the construction. I will bring you photographs as the work proceeds. I must admit that the cost of the skilled welder was a shock. Indeed the cost of materials was about three times what it had previously cost. As you know my main purpose is the care of Howler monkeys. When ARFA Hidra was unable to accept monkeys, I volunteered to accept up to five. This will bring our number to seven. When I see their confused, frightened faces I just cannot say, ‘no room at the inn’.

Our picture shows the wooded edge of the forest site we will use to construct the new enclosure.


Domingo, 27 de junio 2010
¿Lo ha olvidado?

E
No hay lugar en la posada?

Como pasan los meses, la presión sobre mí, para aceptar más monos parece ir en aumento. Este mes se me pidió que aceptara dos monos capuchinos hermosos. Le dije al solicitante que a pesar de que tenía el amor y el espacio, yo no tenía ni las jaulas ni el dinero para aceptar más monos. El propietario de los capuchinos de inmediato ofreció pagar por la construcción de un nuevo gran recinto. El dinero llegó y los materiales han sido comprados y están en el sitio. Este lunes un soldador experimentado comenzará la construcción. Yo les traeré fotografías a medida que avancen los trabajos. Debo admitir que el costo del soldador calificado fue un shock. De hecho, el costo de los materiales es tres veces más de lo que había costado anteriormente. Como ustedes saben mi principal objetivo es el cuidado de los monos aulladores. Cuando ARFA Hidra no ha podido aceptar más los monos, me ofrecí para aceptar hasta cinco. Esto hará que nuestro número llegue a siete.

Nuestra foto muestra el borde boscoso de la zona forestal que usaremos para construir el nuevo recinto.