Friday, October 16, 2009

My little boy has grown up.



Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with Gabriela and her husband Miguel at their home. They prepared a wonderful lunch for us. This was also a great opportunity to meet my son Marco again. Marco came to me many years ago and was fostered as a baby by the legendary Sussy. By great fortune he was accepted by Gabriela as a companion for Vicky, an adult female. There is no question that Marco and Vicky are very much in love. I cared for Marco for many years and he was only 500 grams when he first arrived a Canaote. Seeing him again yesterday was a mixed experience for me. At once, I was thrilled to see that he had grown to full adulthood and that he shared his free life in the trees with his lovely wife, Vicky. At the same time I realised that he did not recognise me or if he did he did not show it. My little boy has grown up and I am very proud of him.

Pictures. Sussy on the swing ( courtesy Gabriela) and of course Marco on the left.

Viernes, 16 de octubre 2009
Mi niño ha crecido.

Ayer celebré mi cumpleaños con Gabriela y su esposo Miguel en su casa. Se preparó un almuerzo maravilloso para nosotros. Esta fue también una gran oportunidad para ver a mi hijo Marco de nuevo. Marco llegó a mí hace muchos años y fue criado como un bebé por la legendaria Sussy. Por fortuna fue aceptado por Gabriela como compañero de Vicky, una dama adulta. No hay duda de que Marco y Vicky están muy enamorados. Me ocupé de Marco durante muchos años y el pesaba tan sólo 500 gramos cuando llegó por primera vez a Cañaote. Al verlo de nuevo ayer fue una experiencia mixta para mí. A la vez, me sentí emocionado al ver que había llegado a la edad adulta y que comparte su vida libre en los árboles con su adorable esposa Vicky. Al mismo tiempo, me di cuenta de que no me reconoció, o si lo hacía, no lo demostró. Mi niño ha crecido y estoy muy orgulloso de él.


No comments: