Sunday, April 15, 2012

The snake catcher.





This is not a tale about monkeys. But it is a drama that played out this afternoon at Canaote. I was only peripherally involved. It concerned David. I leave it to him to describe the events. This is part of a letter he wrote today to a friend in England. Here it is in his own words.


'I started writing this some hours ago.  But was prevented from carrying on when a highly poisonous snake popped its head through my Venetian blind behind my computer.  I fled the room and called César my driver who was at home with his family.  However, after 17 years with me, he is practically family and he immediately collected the local snake catcher Eodee who looks very young but is actually 21 years old-
Forgive me if I do not answer everything now, my blood pressure is a little high. 
He rapidly killed this horror.  That blue top in the background is a very nice Jacuzzi'.


There, drama and great excitement. I have not yet identified the snake. The locals tell me it is highly dangerous. I did see it leering at David from the Venetian blinds. It had long fangs and was snapping crazily at David. David has completely recovered and is no worse for wear.



Domingo, 15 de abril 2012
El cazador de serpientes.




Esto no es un cuento acerca de los monos. Pero es un drama que pasó esta tarde en Cañaote. Yo estaba sólo en la periferia ocupado. Se trata de David. Lo dejo a él para describir los acontecimientos. Esto es parte de una carta que escribió hoy en día a un amigo en Inglaterra. Aquí lo coloco, en sus propias palabras.


"Empecé a escribir esto hace unas horas. Sin embargo, se me impidió seguir cuando una serpiente muy venenosa alzó la cabeza a través de mi persiana detrás de mi ordenador. Yo huyó de la habitación y llamó a César, mi chofer que estaba en casa con su familia. Sin embargo, después de 17 años conmigo, él es prácticamente de la familia y de inmediato recogió la serpiente  local que se ve muy joven, pero en realidad tienen como unos 21 años de edad.
Perdóname si no te contesto ahora, mi presión arterial es un poco alta.
Él rápidamente mató a este animal.


En la parte superior lo que se ve en azul, al fondo es un jacuzzi muy agradable ".




Allí, el drama y la gran excitación. Yo aún no he identificado a la serpiente. Los lugareños me dicen que es muy peligrosa. Yo la vi mirando de reojo a David por las persianas. Tenía los colmillos largos y estaban tomando como locos a David. David se ha recuperado completamente.

No comments: