Thursday, December 15, 2011

Schatov and his wife Sophie





Here are some pictures of Schatov and his wife Sophie. Schatov is the biggest of the male Araguatoes at Cañaote. These were taken this morning. I know he looks big and a bit dangerous. But beneath all that hair and that magnificent beard he is still a very nice well tempered monkey. He loves my visits. He sits on my lap and asks for a massage. He is a very proud individual. If I miss a visit, he will sit with his back to me until he thinks I have been punished enough and then he will come to me. Sophie is the perfect adoring wife. She is never more than a few meters away from him. Today we are replacing some of his big bamboo walkways. These are about 20 meters long. They deteriorate in the heavy rains and have to be replaced.  He spends his day mainly in his garden. He has hoops (actually, gaily painted bicycle wheels with the spokes removed). He has a couple of hammocks and a swing and of course very extensive bamboo walkways. The table you see is where I sit when I visit him. After I have left he like to sit in my chair. I don't know what that means, he will tell me one day. He is very active and in very good health. Schatov s history is elsewhere on the bog and you can search for it.



Jueves, 15 de diciembre 2011
Schatov y su esposa Sophie

Aquí están algunas fotos de Schatov y su esposa Sophie. Schatov es el mayor de los Araguatos masculinos en Cañaote. Estas fotos fueron tomadas esta mañana. Yo sé que él se ve grande y un poco peligroso. Pero debajo de todo ese pelo y esa barba magnífica sigue siendo un mono muy agradable y templado. Él ama mis visitas. Él se sienta en mi regazo y  pide un masaje. Él es una persona muy orgullosa. Si me olvido de una visita, se sentará dándome la espalda hasta que él crea que he sido suficientemente castigado y luego vendrá a mí. Sophie es la esposa adorada perfecta. Ella nunca se aleja de él. Hoy estamos reemplazando algunos de sus caminos de bambú grandes. Son unos 20 metros de largo cada uno. Se deterioran con las fuertes lluvias y tienen que ser reemplazados. Él pasa el día, principalmente en su jardín. Hay aros (en realidad ruedas de bicicleta con los radios eliminados, pintados con colores alegres). Él tiene un par de hamacas, un columpio y los pasillos de bambú, por supuesto, en un área  muy amplia. La mesa que se ve es donde me siento cuando los visito. Después que me voy, les gusta sentarse en la silla donde yo estaba. No sé lo que eso significa, tal vez me lo va a decir algún día. Es muy activo y tiene muy buena salud. La Historia de Schatov s está artículos anteriores del blog.



No comments: